Author Topic: What I s PPP?  (Read 599 times)

shajahan

• Green Belt
What I s PPP?
« on: April 21, 2016, 02:41:59 AM »
PPP is used over many types of physical networks including serial cable, phone line, trunk line, cellular telephone, specialized radio links, and fiber optic links such as SONET. PPP is also used over Internet access connections. Internet service providers (ISPs) have used PPP for customer dial-up access to the Internet, since IP packets cannot be transmitted over a modem line on their own, without some data link protocol. Two derivatives of PPP, Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet (PPPoE) and Point-to-Point Protocol over ATM (PPPoA), are used most commonly by Internet Service Providers (ISPs) to establish a Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) Internet service connection with customers.

RH-Calvin

• Green Belt
    • Reprise Hosting
Re: What I s PPP?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 03:49:34 AM »
In computer networking, Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) is a data link protocol used to establish a direct connection between two nodes. It can provide connection authentication, transmission encryption (using ECP, RFC 1968), and compression.
Cheap VPS Hosting | $1 Linux Hosting
Cheap Windows Hosting | Windows with Remote Desktop
Cheap Dedicated Server | Free IPMI Setup

santhoshidatasoft

• Brown belt
Re: What I s PPP?
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 04:06:07 AM »
Public-private partnership (PPP) is a funding model for a public infrastructure project such as a new telecommunications system, airport or power plant. The public partner is represented by the government at a local, state and/or national level. The private partner can be a privately-owned business, public corporation or consortium of businesses with a specific area of expertise.
PPP is a broad term that can be applied to anything from a simple, short term management contract (with or without investment requirements) to a long-term contract that includes funding, planning, building, operation, maintenance and divestiture. PPP arrangements are useful for large projects that require highly-skilled workers and a significant cash outlay to get started. They are also useful in countries that require the state to legally own any infrastructure that serves the public.