Author Topic: How quickly can I upgrade my server?  (Read 249 times)

soman.datasoft

• Green Belt
How quickly can I upgrade my server?
« on: September 06, 2013, 11:03:45 AM »

How quickly can I upgrade my server?

akash.datasoft

• Green Belt
Re: How quickly can I upgrade my server?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 05:01:45 PM »

Updating your game server is relatively simple to do in our control panel.
If your game has an Update button in the Edit Game page, then you only have to stop the server, then click on "Update."
If your game does NOT have an "Update" button, then all you have to do is either Stop, then Start the server, or Restart it. The server will automatically update during the start up process.

melby@datasoft.ws

• Blue Belt
Re: How quickly can I upgrade my server?
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 10:56:08 PM »
Hi,

One of the advantages of virtual servers is the ability to update hardware and quickly and easily. If you know that your server will be used more heavily at some point in the future (you have a new product launch for example), you can schedule a temporary upgrade to your server.

This will allow you to upgrade your server for your product launch, then return to it's default hardware settings at a future date of your choosing.

Step 1
Log in to your control panel and select Virtual Servers from the Infrastructure Solutions menu.

Step 2
A list of your virtual servers will appear. Select the server that you would like to temporarily upgrade and click Temporary Upgrades.

Step 3
Click Schedule New Upgrade then use the Sliders to set the hardware of your server during the upgrade.

Step 4
Enter a description into the text box provided, then select a start and end date for your upgrade.

Step 5
Your server will require a reboot for the new hardware changes to take effect. The reboot will take place at 00:01 (or just before) on the day scheduled for the update to take place. Tick the box to confirm the upgrade, then click continue to schedule the upgrade within your control panel.

Confirm any additional charges. You will receive onscreen confirmation that you server has been scheduled to upgrade.

You can view any future scheduled upgrades at any time within the Temporary Upgrades section of your control panel.

Thanks,
Melby.