Author Topic: web hosting server  (Read 1026 times)

christopherjohn

• Orange Belt
web hosting server
« on: September 09, 2013, 03:56:24 PM »
Hello

How do I transfer my website files from my local computer to the remote web hosting server?

arjun.datasoft

• Blue Belt
Re: web hosting server
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 04:15:06 AM »
Hi,

On most type of hosting FTP access is usually allowed. So you can use whatever FTp client of choice (such as FileZilla) you have.

If you are using Web-based control panel, its file manager can be used for the same task.

You can download/upload directly using CPanel.

Thanks

nithin123@yahoo.com

• Blue Belt
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 10:16:58 AM »
Hi,

What is a web host?

Thanks,

amal@datasoft.ws

• Green Belt
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 10:17:38 AM »
Hallo,

A web host provider (or web host) is the company that host's and maintains the web server that stores the website's pages.

Thanks,

jamal

• Blue Belt
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 07:56:54 AM »
hi

Once I install VoIP can I disconnect from my current telecom provider?

thansk

prakash.datasoft

• Green Belt
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 08:04:12 AM »
helo sir

Yes, the VoIP service can be integrated throughout the premise by connecting to the existing phone wiring, already in place.  Care will need to be taken to completely disconnect the previous physical telecom's connection to prevent voltage from being reintroduced from the original telecom.  See Distributing VoIP throughout your House wiring.

thanks
prakash
datasoft

santhoshidatasoft

• Brown belt
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 01:38:46 AM »
It can be performed in several ways.

On most type of hosting FTP access is usually allowed. So you can use whatever FTp client of choice (such as FileZilla) you have.

If you are using Web-based control panel, its file manager can be used for the same task.

However, transferring a lot of files can be a long task if FTP is used. CPanel, for example, allows uploading an archive (say, .zip) to the desired place and unpacking its contents. It can save time a lot.

Note also that site often contains data not directly used as a file, such as database. Contents of a database (database dumps) can be loaded using instructions provided by your hosting provider (e.g., CPanel can offer Web interfaces such as phpMyAdmin to manipulate database contents).

Finally, the type of hosting, your experience etc. can allow using other methods. For example, I never open FTP access to my sites due to security considerations, and use primarily these approaches:
- running rsync to transfer (sync) site files
- invoking Subversion clients to deploy site files taken out of a repository

prakash.datasoft

• Green Belt
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 01:19:19 AM »
hello sir

However, transferring a lot of files can be a long task if FTP is used. CPanel, for example, allows uploading an archive (say, .zip) to the desired place and unpacking its contents. It can save time a lot.
Note also that site often contains data not directly used as a file, such as database. Contents of a database (database dumps) can be loaded using instructions provided by your hosting provider (e.g., CPanel can offer Web interfaces such as phpMyAdmin to manipulate database contents).

thansk

jaswin.datasoft

• Green Belt
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2014, 02:48:01 AM »
Hello,

Web Hosting is a service that provides internet users with online computer systems for storing information, images, video, or any content accessible via the internet or web. For Internet users to view online information, the web hosting company places the website pages (html, php, etc files) on a web server which is stored inside a data center. Data centers are connected to the internet with extremely reliable high speed connections so that the world has access to the web files 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Web users access the web pages through the website's IP address or the website's domain name.