Author Topic: Webmin  (Read 600 times)

christopherjohn

• Orange Belt
Webmin
« on: September 09, 2013, 04:05:43 PM »
hello

Is it  possible for anyone who is interested to write plugins for desktop configuration using webmin.. ??

jaswin.datasoft

• Green Belt
Re: Webmin
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 01:29:24 AM »
Webmin is a web-based interface for system administration for Unix. Using any modern web browser, you can setup user accounts, Apache, DNS, file sharing and much more. Webmin removes the need to manually edit Unix configuration files like /etc/passwd, and lets you manage a system from the console or remotely....
Started using Webmin before recently testing cPanel. Price wise oops not even a category ding next loving it. One of the best things is DNSSEC if this looks daunting Webmin makes it easy. Having only learnt Bind just prior thank you SilentRage for getting things on track. And toughness this thing is milspec you could run a tank over it. The only time I could make it crash was due to my own errata. Definitely worth the thousands of hours put into it by all who use it

prakash.datasoft

• Green Belt
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 01:45:31 AM »
hello sir

Web hosting services work by storing your website files in high-powered computers (web servers) connected to a very fast network.

When someone types in your web address (such as www.midphase.com), the Internet connects to the web server holding your website files and then transfers your website information back to their computer.

From there they can surf and view the pages of your website.

thanks

nithin123@yahoo.com

• Blue Belt
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 07:36:07 AM »
Hi,

I'm unable to access webmin via web or com. I've changed the port, and I'm thinking it's the firewall that is closing it. What code is needed to change and give access to the port?

Nithin

amal@datasoft.ws

• Green Belt
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 07:36:58 AM »
Hello,

First, reset the port to 10000 for Webmin by editing /etc/webmin/miniserv.conf putting 10000 in the port and listen fields. Save the changes. You should now be able to access Webmin through the standard web address.

Go into the Webmin Configuration page and add the new port you want to access through in the "Listen on IP's and ports:" section; leave the standard port 10000 open for now - you can add a second port in the settings. Make sure the "Open new ports in firewall" box is checked. Save the changes and try accessing Webmin through the new port. If that works, you can remove the port 10000 entry and use the new port.

If you are going to be accessing Webmin from outside of your LAN, make sure to add a port forwarding rule in your router for the new port.

Thanks,