Author Topic: Can I host my website myself?  (Read 1107 times)

adamjames

• Green Belt
Can I host my website myself?
« on: July 31, 2013, 02:41:32 AM »
Hello,

Can I host my website myself?

Adam James

fenixdata

• White Belt
Re: Can I host my website myself?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 02:50:54 AM »
Hello Adam James,

Yes. It's preferable to have a high speed connection to the internet (DSL, Cable, or T1) and you can dedicate one computer to be a web server. Also, the internet provider may incur an extra charge for hosting.

However, this is the least efficient web hosting method since it puts heavy additional requirements on your home or office internet connection line and exposes you to security risks. It is important to note that the computer dedicated to being a web server must remain on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for the website to be online all the time.

Regards
Fenix

nidhinpereira

• Green Belt
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 10:42:56 AM »

Moris Beracha answered 6 years ago
You can make your web page in word, but hosting is another issue, you can host your site for free in many sites but only if you use their domain names, examples:
Geocities, Prohosting, Myspace, Tripod and a lot of more.
If you want to use your domain, you probably have to pay to a hosting company, and keep your login and password for the web site where you buy the domain, you will have to change de DNS in order to point the hosting company you select.

shajahan

• Green Belt
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 09:20:32 AM »
Yes. It's preferable to have a high speed connection to the internet (DSL, Cable, or T1) and you can dedicate one computer to be a web server. Also, the internet provider may incur an extra charge for hosting.

However, this is the least efficient web hosting method since it puts heavy additional requirements on your home or office internet connection line and exposes you to security risks. It is important to note that the computer dedicated to being a web server must remain on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for the website to be online all the time.

Ameen

• Green Belt
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 10:02:49 AM »
here are a few reasons why you most likely don't want to go this route for a public web site. First, many home broadband ISP's terms of service disallow hosting a public web site from computers on their network. More importantly, on most typical home broadband connections, the upload speed is significantly slower than the download speeds that you experience when using your connection. This means that with any kind of significant traffic, your web site hosted at home will be VERY slow. The advantages to third-party hosting is fast, always-on connections, backup power sources, powerful machines, often with backup, a support staff and a whole lotta bandwidth that won't infringe on your personal surfing and downloading

TaengBulok

• Blue Belt
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2015, 09:12:19 PM »
Just check this out if you are willing to host your site. http://www.boutell.com/newfaq/creating/hostmyown.html