Author Topic: ISP blocked my server  (Read 975 times)

simonbrito12

• Green Belt
ISP blocked my server
« on: July 31, 2013, 11:06:23 PM »
Hello sir,

The ISP blocked my server and they said if hacking is detect they will block services.Why?Please explain

Thanks
                                                                                                            Simon

abhilash

• Green Belt
Re: ISP blocked my server
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 02:37:09 AM »
Hello simon,

If the attack is large enough, the ISP may opt to cut your route out of the system to save bandwidth and
avoid degrading performance for other customers. In this case, the consequences may be worse than the actual impact
of the DDoS attack itself as your downtime is likely to be longer.
Ironically, the ISP also happens to be your best ally in the event of a DDoS attack since their infrastructure is most likely
to have the capability to handle the huge amount of traffic if the Firewall is hosted on their systems rather than at your
end. This is also something you might want to explore with the ISP.
                                                                                                  Thanks
                                                                                                  Abhilash

johnmical

• Blue Belt
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 02:37:34 AM »

Hi abhilash,  :)

How is user account security established in Windows Server 2003??
could you please help me?

Shemeer

• Blue Belt
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 02:43:18 AM »

Hello,

When an account is created, it is given a unique access number known as a security identifier (SID). Every group to which the user belongs has an associated SID. The user and related group SIDs together form the user account�s security token, which determines access levels to objects throughout the system and network.

SIDs from the security token are mapped to the access control list (ACL) of any object the user attempts to access.

Thanks,
Shemeer

abhilash

• Green Belt
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 10:27:17 PM »
Hello,

User accounts and computer accounts (as well as groups) are also referred to as security principals. Security principals are directory objects that are automatically assigned security IDs (SIDs), which can be used to access domain resources. A user or computer account is used to:Authenticate the identity of a user or computer,Authorize or deny access to domain resources,Administer other security principals,Audit actions performed using the user or computer account. A good security practice for protecting these accounts is to rename or disable them. Because it retains its security ID (SID), a renamed user account retains all its other properties, such as its description, password, group memberships, user profile, account information, and any assigned permissions and user rights.

Thanks

melby@datasoft.ws

• Blue Belt
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 05:26:29 AM »
Hi,

Setup your web server to listen to other ports such as 8080 instead of 80. Then you will need DNS Plus Service that covers Web/URL Forward. Upgrade your DNS Service of the domain to DNS Plus Service.

At the Web/URL Forwarding section of the DNS Setup Page, you will enter
http://www.yourdomain.com
forward to
http://www2.yourdomain.com:8080
You can select cloaking option to keep the original URL in the location field of the browser. You also need to setup www2 as either a host or alias so that we know where to forward the URL to.

Thanks,
Melby.

jamal

• Blue Belt
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 07:20:38 AM »
hi

How can I get the benefits of VoIP/Hosted VoIP or Internet Calling without changing all of my equipment?

thanks

prakash.datasoft

• Green Belt
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 07:25:14 AM »
hello sir

In many cases regardless if you currently have an IP-PBX you can still use SIP Trunking to connect to an ITSP (Internet Telephone Service Provider) as one trunk (one line) or more trunk lines, to save money on long distance,  International calls and/or heavy call volume by adding a ATA or gateway device that sits between the current phone system and the Internet and connects  a SIP Trunk over your broadband Internet connection.

thanks
prakash
datasoft